About this Show

Liberally Stephanie Miller

News/Business. (2013) New. (CC) (Stereo)

NETWORK

DURATION
02:59:59

RATING
PG

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 107 (CURNT)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
704

PIXEL HEIGHT
480

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Stephanie 261, Stephanie Miller 45, Boston 20, Us 17, Washington 15, Texas 13, America 10, Vo 10, Jim 9, Chicago 7, Fbi 7, Lanny Davis 7, David Shuster 7, Cnn 4, Young Turks 4, Max Baucus 4, Waco 4, Newtown 4, Abby 3, Gabby Giffords 3,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  Current    Liberally Stephanie Miller    News/Business.   
   (2013) New. (CC) (Stereo)  

    April 18, 2013
    6:00 - 9:00am PDT  

6:00am
a >> stephanie: hello current tv land, cnn is reporting that this is not david shuster i'm talking to, but i'm almost certain it is. good morning, david shuster. >> stephanie miller it's so good to be on with you this morning? >> stephanie: you too. because you mostly get everything right. we're happy to have you in for
6:01am
jacki schechner today and tomorrow, very, very exciting. >> yes it's very exciting to be sitting in. >> stephanie: thank you. now here is david shuster with the real news. >> cnn [ inaudible ] began with an accidental fire which sent off at least one fertilizer tank. the blast leveled at least 50 homes nearby and caused the roof to collapse at a nearby nursing. the vast wreckage has made it difficult to come up with a precise number of victims. and the mayor said on camera he said i do not have an exact number.
6:02am
federal authorities are assisting authorities in trying to determine the exact cause of the fire. the obama administration is trying to figure out what if anything it can now do about gun control. the senate gutted legislation that would have approved background checks. four democrats joined republicans in blocking the bill, afterwards an infuriated president obama spoke and described it as a shameful day in washington. in boston today the fbi is considering a possible photo and video release of a person they believe is connected to the marathon bombings on monday. the video was taken by surveillance camera near a lord & taylor store. investigators are debating the benefits and drawbacks of releasing materials to the public. the death toll stands at three
6:03am
dead more than 150 injured. ten remain in critical condition, and media critics are hammering several news organization who wrongly reported that a suspect had been arrested. cnn in addition to the erroneous report that somebody had been arrested also got the man's skin color wrong. no explanation from cnn. stephanie? >> stephanie: david -- >> actually am i supposed to pitch it to a commercial stephanie, or do i get to pitch it to you. >> stephanie: we're going to a commercial and we'll talk to you in just a bit.
6:04am
6:05am
6:06am
>> stephanie: this is not the "stephanie miller show." i'm truly certain it is. i checked the tag in my underwear before i came. >> i'm debra norville. >> stephanie: how about you jim? >> i'm katie couric.
6:07am
>> stephanie: what a news day yesterday. poor wolf blitzer. they'll have to leave it there. can you tell his accent from the surveillance video? what how would you be able to tell his accent from his surveillance video? >> were you able to see think pass port from the surveillance video. >> stephanie: the suspect was not arrested in the boston bombing, and he clearly was not darked skinned . oh other than that -- >> if he had been arrested he would have been dark skinned. >> stephanie: you remember hurricane katrina, we have done this with aisha tyler before. this is what happens when anchors have to fill time jim. oh, jack, look at all of those people, so hungry so poor so black. [ laughter ]
6:08am
[ wah wah ] >> stephanie: oh yes he did. it has provided all of the comedy fodder for aisha tyler and her husband, because she says literally at lunch every day she says i'm so hungry so black. [ applause ] >> stephanie: it's like a matinee performance every date their house. and there is a consolation prize was during the republican primary, when he said the sanatorium surge has lead to a spirit in fund-raising. i'm being told in my ear they should spend more time with mr. google. [ applause ] >> well sanatorium did have a surge -- >> stephanie: yeah, a surge and a spirit. so a lot to get to be -- obviously. the fbi is trying to decide whether to release this video. they apparently. that's the actual latest news is
6:09am
they have a surveillance video, and there -- they are debating whether to release that to get help from the public or not who is being described as a suspect. >> and also overnight we had that huge explosion at the fertilizer plant just outside of waco, texas. they are saying it started with a fire and that kind of fertilizer can explode. >> stephanie: they are saying it not connected, but it reminds you of anthrax after 9/11. >> right. >> and near the anniversary of waco. >> stephanie: that's what i saw, a huge explosion near waco and i'm like what the -- what the -- >> up to 15 people have been killed and a nursing home roof collapsed, but all of the patients are accounted for, i
6:10am
think. >> stephanie: yeah, and the gin bill went down in defate. 92% of americans for background checks. a went down in flames yesterday. we should call our friend hot brie yesterday. i want to know the message she left on saxby chambliss machine. he is probably still shaking in his boots. >> oh, sure. >> probably like my response to road flair mary. >> stephanie: which made melissa fitzgerald pull over and pee her pants. i am reporting with pretty -- i think good accuracy that it is is now time for -- you know. for, you know. >> yeah. ♪ >> stephanie: you do be fired. that's not what i mean.
6:11am
karl frisch bullfightstrategies.com. ♪ frisch ♪ >> stephanie: good morning, karl frisch. >> good morning. >> stephanie: good morning, sir. what a news day yesterday huh? >> if you can call it a news day? i don't know what the heck has been going on at any of the cable networks. >> stephanie: well, fox news got it wrong, but you expect that. >> yeah, if i wanted to watch fox for anything i mean now would be the time to do it because they are actually covering breaking news, but yeah i don't expect them to get it right, but it has been watching a master class in how not to do it. i keep waiting for james lipton to top up and said audience what is your favorite curse word? >> stephanie: yeah, we were saying that when you have these fast-breaking events. the news environment where anchors are filling, but you are right -- >> but they are really not that fast breaking.
6:12am
they are in the moment, but we don't have a lot of information. if you think about it if they had only reported what news they had, it would have had about three minutes of information, and then they could have said come back later, we'll tell you what else we got. but instead there was a bombing, we have surveillance video, the cops are doing xyandz and now we're going to talk about what people think could happen or what type of bombing should be. >> stephanie: yeah, is anybody saying the texas thing -- >> nobody is saying that yet. they are saying it was probably an accident. >> there's video now. i mean if you think about -- the reason the fertilizer plant thing is such a big deal if you think about how much fertilizer
6:13am
mcveigh used it was inside of a truck, and the damage it caused. you are talking about an entire plant of fertilizer and if you look at the one video i have seen of the explosion, it was ginormous. >> five blocks surrounding the plant have been completely decimated. >> right. but i'm sure we'll find some right-wing radio host who will find a way to blame president obama. >> >> stephanie: of course. >> alex jones -- i heard somebody has the jones sniffles. but yeah, it's only a matter of time before obama is blamed for all of us. >> stephanie: there has been an arrest in the ricin thing.
6:14am
a mississippi man, kevin curtis and not the brightest of criminals, because he signed all of it -- >> yeah. kc. >> yesterday i was telling a friend, i'm like i wonder if this is one of these bright bulb people that sends -- because i have gotten enough hate mail to know there's different types of hate mail, and sometimes they put their ymcs return address label on the envelope even if they purposefully don't sign the letter. >> stephanie: right. the message was to see wrong and not explosion it is to become a silent partner in its continue a witness. i'm kc and i support this message. so again we don't no what is connected to what. >> well, he is an elvis
6:15am
impersonator. >> he is. >> they are so trustworthy. >> stephanie: oh boy. okay. you know, you said it -- you actually had a great tweet. you said it would be great if there was a news channel that speculate hours on end in lieu of hard facts. i don't know what they are trying to figure out, because they scheduled a press conference several times and canceled yesterday, they are trying to figure out whether to make this video public, right? >> yeah, and i think they should be allowed to take their sweet time in getting this right. i don't want them rushed -- and what i don't look forward to is those press conferences where reports -- you know, and this is not a -- no slight against reporters, but reporters acting too cute to try to get extra
6:16am
information out of the fbi. i trust we're going to get the information that we need and that once they actually have somebody, you know, we'll get the full story here. >> stephanie: right. >> but there's a lot of things to consider when -- when thinking about this stuff. i mean if they have got video of -- clear video of the suspect, you know, placing the bombs or whatever, they have got to take into consideration if they actually know who the person is, how dangerous they could be if they could be -- you know where they might be. if they might be plotting something else. does it relate to any other intelligence that they have already gathered. >> stephanie: that's right. >> so that's what they have to think about when deciding to release this stuff. it's not like a current affair or american's most wanted. >> stephanie: yeah. >> here is the photo and -- >> stephanie: one thing we know
6:17am
for sure is obviously the attorney who oversaw compensation funds for the victims of 9/11 was named to administer funds for those effected by the boston bombing, so we know ann coulter will have something bad to say about the victims shortly. >> oh yeah. >> stephanie: about living off of the government on cue. the other thing i was surprised you tweeted about blood donations still needed. and you said as a gay man i am forbid forbid forbidden. >> oh, yeah, the fda doesn't allow gay men to donate blood. >> stephanie: wow. >> i think the rule is if you have had a gay encounter in the last ten years -- >> oh who hasn't. >> oh, it's more than that. >> oh, since you have had a gay encounter since 1979. >> so for most young gay guys
6:18am
these days that's like oh before i was born, i knew i was gay in the womb oh sorry. >> stephanie: it has been so long for me i wouldn't be able to remember -- [♪ "jeopardy" theme music ♪] >> working on this show for eight years has been kind of like a gay encounter. [ buzzer ] [ laughter ] >> stephanie: skewcrew you, jim. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: see you next week. honey. >> does it count as a reach around? 18 minutes after the hour -- you are just trying to get out of giving blood. you know you are busy enough as it is, no surprise backing up your computer files can slip your mind, why risk it? carbonite backs up all of those files to the cloud automatically and continually. set it up once and carbonite will do all of the work for you.
6:19am
carbonite has the right plan for you, unlimited backup space for one computer, just $59 for the entire year. includes access -- like you just heard that. really i didn't know that? plus carbonite, i have a plan for my small business here so that everything can be protected. all of our sound bites, phone numbers, contacts out in t-bone's computer. do it now. don't risk losing your pictures documents, music and flaifin's. do it now. carbonite.com office code stephanie. for flavin protection. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> announcer: pull over, you are dwl, driving while laughing. [ phyllis diller laughter ] >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
6:20am
6:21am
6:22am
6:23am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar. >>current will let me say anything.
6:24am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ let me go crazy on you, crazy on you ♪ ♪ let me go crazy, crazy on you, oooooooooh ♪ ♪ why ♪ >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." this just in. news woman jacki schechner on the plain to new york city. she'll be back with us on monday. by the way we have been talking a lot about obviously cnn getting the bombing suspect thing wrong, and then fox news which was a painful reminder on
6:25am
when they all got it wrong on overturning affordable care by the supreme court. guess who got it right? jacki schechner. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> and she was in this particular hissy when it happened. >> stephanie: that's right. up in here, up in here up in here. lanny davis on the big show today. >> lanny. >> stephanie: what did i say? >> lennie. >> stephanie: lanny davis. he has a new book out. >> dealing with crises. and we have had many crises in america. >> stephanie: yeah, are dogs and cuts currently living together? what is happening? between the boston explosion, and the explosion in texas.
6:26am
>> i wonder if they called lanny davis? >> stephanie: he has a hot line right in his pants. we have the smartest kids in class as you know. >> we do. >> stephanie: there is a florist who is being sued in washington state because she refused to do flowers for a gay wedding. rick in canada says steph what if there were gay florists and they refused to serve straight christians. good point. steve says i'm not sure i understand the logic. how it is different from forcing a flower shop to sell to jews or blacks, anybody. this makes no sense. you are absolutely not allowed to discriminate. >> christians don't think it is
6:27am
discrimination, because they think being gay is a choice -- >> stephanie: well, i don't care. >> i'm just trying to give you -- >> stephanie: my religion says it's oogy. >> no, they believe it is a choice and not something you are born with -- >> not all christians. >> right. >> stephanie: [ inaudible ] does not care what you think. >> i know, but they believe being black is not a choice but being gay is. that's the difference in their head. >> stephanie: all right. mitch in wisconsin. you see what i did there? mitch in wisconsin, hi, mitch. >> caller: hi stephanie. i followed the vote yesterday on the gun legislation that went down, and i have an idea. what somebody should do is start a responsible organization of gun owners. there are a lot of people that believe that there should be gun
6:28am
legislation such as limiting the clip size and ammo rifles and background checks. they should start an organization and call it "argo," association of responsible gun owners. >> stephanie: and ben affleck could be in charge. >> caller: there you go. and the nra they could change that so some acronym, but it would be called organization bought and paid for by gun manufacturers. >> stephanie: yeah. i and pretty much everyone i talked to yesterday am livid. the president was sort of barely contained -- let's tin to the president from yesterday. >> obama: all in all this was a pretty shameful day for washington. but this effort is not over. i want to make it clear to the american people. we can still bring about
6:29am
meaningful changes that reduce gun violence so long as the american people don't give up on it. >> stephanie: yeah, that is the key. hot brie called ever senate office yesterday, and that's what we should do. what a sad picture the president standing there with newtown parents and gabby giffords. it's disgusting. it's shameful. it's -- it's really unbelievable. 92% of the american people want background checks. >> who cares what they think. >> stephanie: and this was a watered down version of even background checks. don't get me -- see you got me started. now we can't have nice things for the rest of the show. twenty-nine minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." ♪
6:30am
to me now? you know the kind of guys that do reverse mortgage commercials? those types are coming on to me all the time now. (vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. you would rather deal with ahmadinejad than me. >>absolutely. >> and so would mitt romney. (vo) she's joy behar. >>and the best part is that current will let me say anything. what the hell were they thinking?
6:31am
6:32am
6:33am
6:34am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> listen to me i sound like cagney and lacy but without the slutty clothes. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: my husband -- >> slutty clothes. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. rocky in jersey, hey, rocky. >> caller: hey, guys. how are you doing momma? >> stephanie: good. good. go ahead. >> caller: i'm so disgusted with the senate right now.
6:35am
i don't thing they have an ounce of compassion or any substance for this kind of country at all when they would vote down such minor legislation as gun -- as gun checks or has background checks. i don't know where -- where -- where do you then negotiate from here. we gave them the weakest that we could possibly give them and they wouldn't even take it. and the 16 democrats that voted, i am very, very disappointed and emailing all of them today. >> stephanie: yeah, i'll say. it's just walk of shame. >> caller: and fox news is just gloating. they are absolutely gloating. they are so happy about this that this defense of the second amendment, which i can't understand, and i have taught constitutional law for 39 years, and i still don't understand how they are defining the words second amendment. >> stephanie: yeah, any other
6:36am
country you go against what 90% of the people want you have a cue. >> caller: i am one of the angry ones. >> stephanie: yeah. it's beyond disappointed -- >> disappointed! >> stephanie: yeah, and even the president said what else can you do except show up at the ballot box at this point. it's just stunning -- >> and i think this should be the end of the 50-state strategy, because he need real democrats. >> obama: the gun lobby and its allies willfully lied about the bill. >> stephanie: that's what got me the most. despite emotional pleas from the families of victims of the shootings in newtown, and brood public support, the bill failed
6:37am
54-46. visibly -- a visibly angry obama that was -- he talked about -- we already played that clip. it being a shameful day for washington. he said sooner or later we're going to get it right, the memories of these children deserve it. i hope so. did you watch any of this -- when the vote totals were announced by joe biden. minutes later, dianne feinstein implored her colleagues to show some guts. >> yeah. >> stephanie: the assault weapons ban drew support there just 40 members. four democrats who will face reelection in conservative gun-friendly states voted against it, and they walked the hall of shame this morning. heidi heitkamp, alaska arkansas, and max baucus of
6:38am
montana. [ booing ] >> stephanie: he also started bitching about the health care law yesterday which he help write. because he is up for reelection and it's not as popular. and we have to give a yay to the four republicans that backed it. >> uh-huh. [ applause ] >> stephanie: kind of surprising that john mccain did. i don't know. >> stephanie: he'll surprise ya. >> he always surprises us. >> stephanie: he really does. he is a little erratic. >> especially coming from arizona which is such a gun-nut state. >> stephanie: yes. supporters promised payback. gabby giffords said we will use every means possible to make sure the constituents of these senator ignored them and put politics first.
6:39am
the manchin toomey bill -- the nra -- the president said the word lie. they just flat out lied. >> yeah. >> stephanie: it would lead to a national registry -- things that were specifically prevented in the bill. the nra's assertions are simply a lie. and anybody who can read know it is simply not factual said joe manchin. >> yeah. >> stephanie: it is disgusting. the underlying bill on the senate floor which would bolster school security will also have a hard time getting 60 votes. and several amendments backed by the nra that would have expanded gun rights. so thank god for that. the influence of the gun
6:40am
culture, gun lobby was clear when it failed to reach the 60-vote threshold, but earned more votes 57, than the background check amendment. [ booing ] >> stephanie: so what are we going to do? nothing as it turns out. [ applause ] >> well, we'll get something done. >> stephanie: well right now it is literally nothing. >> well, the superintendent going to keep fighting. >> stephanie: so am i. harry in phoenix. >> caller: hey, stephanie you remember me. a long time ago you said i sounded like tharacon. >> stephanie: i don't remember that. >> caller: i understand you are trying to do something as far as gun control is concerned, but you guys are talking about the shootings that just went on the bombing that just went on, what about the thousands of thousands of black kids that die in america every year.
6:41am
why don't you talk about that. >> stephanie: i do. >> caller: i want to hear -- just like -- you guys are talk about the bombing, every day -- >> stephanie: well, it's kind of a big story, isn't it? >> caller: i know, but 30,000 blacks in america die every year. that's not a big story? >> stephanie: we do talk a lot about it. we talked about the girl in chicago -- >> caller: i have got to give it to you. i listen to you every morning. i'm not going to lie. i don't hear it every morning. i just hear harry reid, and him talking about the new laws -- forget the laws do what you got to do -- >> when 26 people get killed by one person inside a school that's more -- that's huge news. >> stephanie: harry, honestly, do you think the media would have ignored it if they were black kids? i don't. i think 20 kids got blown away in their first grade class i
6:42am
think there would have been equal coverage. [overlapping speakers] >> caller: in general -- look, from i'm from that generation. i had got caught up in the streets when i was a kid. [ inaudible ] that didn't fall there by accident. i mean 30,000 kids a year. i understand 22 kids. i feel bad for the parents. if i would have been one of the parents, i would have been ready to find that guy and do what i had to do. >> stephanie: right. >> caller: but the fact of the matter is it's still 30 to 35,000 black youth that die in america. that's appalling. >> stephanie: it's all part of it. and that's why doing something about all of these billing would have helped. these bills wouldn't have just helped white people they would have helped black people too. >> caller: we need to tell barack obama to hell with the bills, do what you got to do. >> stephanie: what does that mean? what can the president do --
6:43am
>> the president is not king. >> caller: it's funny you is slaughter people in iraq and get the country street -- >> obama didn't do that. [overlapping speakers] >> stephanie: we couldn't have been more vocally against iraq. >> and the way to stop gun violence in chicago is to stop guns from coming in across the border. >> and we talk about that every single day. >> stephanie: i agree with his general premise. but we certainly talk about stories as much as we can. i agree with him that i think around the world there is more coverage when it's white people. it is. look at when we talk about what happened in rwanda or elsewhere. >> or a lot of kids at once get killed, that's news worthy. >> stephanie: and that's almost what is sad. he is right. that doesn't get covered because it -- >> it's a daily occurrence. >> stephanie: how many times
6:44am
have you caught yourself going oh, only whatever were killed and not even consciously thinking oh that's awful they anthony in dc. >> caller: hi, stephanie. the only way to really eradicate this problem, because the nra and [ inaudible ] talk about gang violence and the drug and -- and the drug gangs, and the [ inaudible ] national registry to follow the guns they were always get guns always, because you can't follow the guns -- >> stephanie: anthony i just heard rudy giuliani saying that yesterday. we register cars. this would help the police tremendously. >> caller: yeah, regulate it. >> stephanie: yes, regulation right in the amendment.
6:45am
>> caller: can i say one more thing, because i have to respond to the guy. because i grew up in washington, d.c. when washington was the murder capitol of the world. i understand what he was saying 30,000 a year, but that's a local community issue. if the community doesn't want to get involved there's nothing the president or government can do about that. that's a local community issue and communities have to get involved and said that. >> stephanie: yeah, as jim just said the president is not a king. >> yeah. >> stephanie: same as it ever was. >> yeah. >> stephanie: forty-five minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> announcer: call the political party line now. 1-800-steph-1-2.
6:46am
6:47am
6:48am
6:49am
this show is about being up to date, staying in touch with everything that is going on politically and putting my own nuance on it. in reality it's not like they actually care. this is purely about political grandstanding. ♪
6:50am
♪ just like the -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ oh, baby oh baby oh just like -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ sing the songs that's how she's singing. oh baby oh baby, oooooooooh ♪ >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome it to. fifty minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. art in chicago, long time. hi, art. >> caller: good morning, stephanie. i appreciate you taking my call. >> stephanie: thank you. >> caller: i am for gun control and everything that you're looking for, but what i want to say is let's enforce them. let's enforce them. >> stephanie: let's get someone
6:51am
in charge of the atf instead of listening to wayne lapierre. >> caller: no, no no. we got plenty of laws. >> stephanie: yes. yes. yes. >> caller: what law i like to see is anybody caught with an illegal weapon or use an inlegal weapon, they get ten years in prison period. >> stephanie: the nra has been so helpful in that regard. >> caller: yes they have. there are one thousand cases pending in chicago for murder cases. they catch them, talk to the police, they are out. the kid that killed that girl that went to obama's inauguration, he was out on bail, six months he was out on bail. he had an illegal weapon and he fired it. and now he is out on bail. why isn't he in prison.
6:52am
here is the problem we have got to get these judges to prosecute them. >> stephanie: everything is perfect on guns. [ applause ] >> stephanie: why do anything? that's the problem. >> but we also need federal laws so that -- it's consistent. so you can't import guns across the border from indiana into chicago. >> stephanie: jim don't make the noise, because she is mad. melissa fitzgerald our good friend. ♪ hot brie on with stephanie ♪ ♪ she's filled with squeeziness ♪ ♪ hot brie on with stephanie ♪ >> stephanie: take a break from her senate calls. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: i would have anything to have that voicemail to saxby chambliss's office. what did you say? >> i was actually civilized considering i had smoke coming
6:53am
out of my ears i was so angry. poor guy he was one of the few i could get through too -- >> he is hiding in his closet now. [ laughter ] >> i -- i said i was deeply disappointed, and sadly not surprised, but deeply disappointed, which i am. i am -- and i'm not surprised that he didn't vote for it. i'm not at all surprised, and i look -- but i also said is this how you want to end your career? he is leaving? and is this the legacy you want to leave? >> stephanie: the president said it yesterday. how do you go against 90-something percent of the american's -- of any country's people's wills? >> because he has no courage and you are not actually
6:54am
representing the people. that's how. and that makes me sick. and if you are not representing me, you are fired. you are fired! fired! fired! >> stephanie: don't get all donald trump on our ass. >> but have we seen the polls in georgia? is he representing the polls of the people in georgia? >> that's a good question. but i don't think so. because if it's 90%, it's impeszableimpesz impossible that he is. he is also a senator. but i'm going to look that up. >> stephanie: all right. geek. all right. nerd, did you happen to see mitch mcconnell's facebook page. this was on the internet -- he posts it on his own facebook page, harry reid -- his fingers are this far apart, this much gun control? mcconnell saying no. this much?
6:55am
no. it's like he is bragging, oh i look at how tough i am. >> yeah, i don't know how tough you are when you are getting paid to do it. when you are getting money from the nra, that's just whimpy. >> stephanie: what do we do though? >> i think we call them, and i think -- i got something from the courage campaign yesterday that was going to be sent to the dnc and -- you know the dccc saying, we're not going to give a dime to the dnc if you give a dime to any democrat who voted against this gun legislation, period. we will not give you a dime, and i think that's a big thing, and if everybody says things like that, and we call them. pick up the phone and call them. i was hartened by the fact that
6:56am
i couldn't get through yesterday. it's like good other people are calling too. >> stephanie: and that made you even madder. i'm going to take everything out on you because you are the only person -- >> you were so angry, you achieved escape velocity on your stripper pole. [ laughter ] >> i was in the car with two friends, and i'm like do you guys find if i call up and yell at some people? >> stephanie: yeah, nothing like a mad democrat with time on her hands and speed dial. [ laughter ] >> it's a true. >> stephanie: i'm not done! >> and here is another thing. if you run a nasty campaign against max cleveland you should be punished for that too!
6:57am
[ laughter ] >> stephanie: what we have been talking about all morning is what do we do about the conserve-demes. max baucus was bad-mouthing the affordable care act which he helped write and voting against -- >> is he up for reelection? i got to look that up too. >> stephanie: yes, i believe he is. >> well, that's what we do and we call and everybody -- you know, not only from montana, but i think everybody from all over flood his office -- and you know what is a good way to do it is if you can't get through the washington, d.c. main office they have offices all over the state, so call the regional offices, call them every day and tell them you are pissed and this is not okay and you are not representing us and you are not doing good for the country, and you will be fired, and we're
6:58am
going to work really hard against you. >> you are a card and a heel! >> stephanie: you get nothing, sir. >> obama: all in all this was a pretty shameful day for washington. but this effort is not over. i want to make it clear to the american people, we can still bring about meaningful changes that reduce gun violence so long as the american people don't give up on it. >> stephanie: and do not piss off melissa fitzgerald. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: that's right. he didn't take it that far, but that's what he said. but he is right. this is not over. there he is standing with gabby giffords and the newtown parents, and this is not over. we have only begun to fight ladies and gentlemen. >> and let's hold them accountable for what they have done, and what they stand for, and what they are choosing. because we are armed with something i think is far more powful than what they are trying to -- >> stephanie: yeah, it's a pissed off hot brie.
6:59am
all right. talk to you soon honey. love you, bye.
7:00am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: all right. cnn told me we don't have david shuster. so i'm guessing that we do. good morning david shuster. >> stephanie miller good morning to you. >> stephanie: i'm a scamp. thank you so much for filling in for jacki schechner. and wow, what a news week to be doing news, right? >> yeah, this has been a very busy one indeed. >> stephanie: david, what is your sense of what is going to happen with this video of the boston bombing suspect?
7:01am
>> well, it sounds like the video is going to be distributed to a lot of law enforcement and may go off to the public today. but law enforcement officials are all getting these pictures now and we'll see if they decide to engage the public to try to help, but it's interesting stuff nonetheless. >> all right. david shuster in the current news center. >> an explosion at a fertilizer plant last night that killed as many as 15 people started off as an accidental fire. no evidence of foul play. the flames attracted volunteer firefighters several of whom were killed when a fertilizer tank exploded. an official fatality count may not be known until officials can
7:02am
sift through all of the wreckage. a process that could take several days. [ no audio ] >> federal authorities are helping with the local investigation, and again authorities insist there is no evidence of foul play. officials at the white house are acknowledging that meaningful gun legislation is if i recally dead. yesterday the senate gutted a key bill that would have added background checks on most gun purchases. the measure is supported by 90% of the american people but the measure was killed by keeping it from getting the 60 votes needed to pass a republican filibuster. president obama urged americans to consider other ways of gutting down on gun violence that does not require federal legislation. >> obama: all in all this was a
7:03am
pretty shameful day for washington. but this effort is not over. i want to make it clear to the american people, we can still bring about meaningful changes that reduce gun violence so long as the american people don't give up on it. >> we'll have more us in at the top of the next hour. the "stephanie miller show" continues after this. going on politically and putting my own nuance on it. not only does senator rubio just care about rich people but somehow he thinks raising the minimum wage is a bad idea for the middle class. but we do care about them, right? vo: the war room tonight at 6 eastern
7:04am
7:05am
7:06am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome it to. six minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. wow, wee news breaking left and right. >> yeah. lots of crises. >> stephanie: right. nice segue. thank you very much. let me just spike it in now. hey, look at who has a book for
7:07am
"crisis tales: five rules for coping with crisis in business, politics, and life," lanny davis. he joins us now. good morning, lanny. >> good morning, stephanie. i'm a great fan of yours. >> stephanie: oh well right back at ya. what better day to be talking to you. it is a crisis a day here. did cnn call you yesterday? [ laughter ] >> well, i'm in california so i had a great -- really inspiring evening, believe it or not, at the nixon library where i gave a speech, took a tour, and besides all of the tragedy of the nixon years that occurred, the greatness and history of the man, and the challenge of being in the nixon white house during the time of watergate. >> stephanie: yeah, i'll say. you served as a legal crisis manager for many. you are the guy people call when
7:08am
things go wrong. have you always just had a cam demeanor or what gives you these mad skills? >> you know, i wish one day, stephanie, you would pick up the phone and call me, and i answer and you say, hey, lanny i have great news. that would be the first time in 12 years. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: i loved the story that martha stewart called you at midnight and said i can't get the truth out of the media. >> did charlie wrangle call you to complain about that mix him on the "stephanie miller show." [ laughter ] >> first of all in the middle of the night when i'm sure martha wouldn't find me saying she got the f-bomb. but it was the ing version of it. and it was loud enough so that
7:09am
my wife heard in the wee hours of the morning the f-bomb from a female voice over the telephone. that woke us both up. >> stephanie: lanny we have been talking all morning about this gun vote. and the nra was described as being in crisis after newtown. and i hate to state because it is against everything i believe, but it seems like they have won this round right? >> well, their own membership supports background checks. when you get to 80% of any poll you can't find the 20%. and this is an organization that stands against democracy, even the majority of republicans support background checks. so what i would like to start happening in the media, i want it out in large font headlines, every name of people who voted not to allow a vote.
7:10am
remember, it's not just being against 80% of public opinion on background checks. it's not allowing a vote on background checks. where in the headlines can we name right now the six democrats that didn't vote, or six republicans -- can we list them in the headlines and then embarrass them in their home states and v them answer why are you opposing 80% of your voters. i don't know who i am talking about. i may be talk about a good friend who is worried about reelection. my question is you should not be worried about the election. this is too fundamental to go against not only democracy, but denying a vote on the floor of the u.s. senate literally has no justification. >> stephanie: yeah. yeah. literally. the president's press secretary yesterday, jay carney.
7:11am
>> the newtown families are here because their children were murdered. they are asking for the senate to do something that is common sense. >> stephanie: i can't imagine a sadder day for american. the six year olds were blown away at point-blank range, and the united states congress woman who was shot in the face and we can't even get enough democrats to vote for this? where are we politically in america and where do we go from here? >> you may hear from my tone that i'm a little bit of horse. this is a different reaction than i usually have. i write a column purple nation where i try to look at things both ways. i am somewhat astonished but i see no nuance on the question to
7:12am
democrats how could you not allow a vote on this? and i want those names, and they may be friends of mine i'm hoping they are not -- i have grown up with a lot of people in the senate and house -- but i want those names on the front page of every newspaper, and i want president obama with those names on a billboard at the press conference, the time has come for the president to have a sister soldier moment and stand up to his own party as well as of course through a majority of republicans who are in the tank for the nra in not in any way excusing republicans, but the immorality of not allowing a vote to decide that they don't have a very good reason on background checks but they could at least try to review the merits on this. we need to out these people who are preventing democracy from occurring on the floor of the senate. >> stephanie: i agree.
7:13am
your book j"crisis tales" jit's like a crisis a day. i don't know what is going between the ricin attacks, and the explosion in texas, i made a joke about cnn but they weren't the only ones they were just first. how do you advise people in situations like this. where they said a boston suspect had been arrested, and he had dark skin, which was obviously not true because nobody was arrested. it seems like in reporting crises, people get into crisis mode. >> yes, but there is a rule about getting the facts out but not getting them out too quickly, because you'll end up being wrong. what happened in benghazi is there was good-faith mistakes made in the intelligence
7:14am
community, and -- here we have this information put out that honestly was reported much too fast, i thinker responsibly too fast, because in the cable era, getting out there first is more important than getting it right. so a lot of damage was done to responsible journalists when these types of mistakes are made, but they are honest mistakes, and we need to calm down and get the facts first before we report them. >> stephanie: yeah, we had echos of benghazi in the hot minutes right after the boston bombing, we had bill o'reilly screaming that the president didn't use the word terror right away. i mean we're arguing about semantics while there are still people being turn turn -- turniquited? >> i agree the argument on the
7:15am
word terrorism is semantics. but i have to say i have never understood why president obama didn't use it. there is a policy difference between this administration and the bush administration. why the word terrorism being removed from the vocabulary. the war on terror. whatever the word terror means, we don't care about the word, we know it when we see it. which is mindless murder of innocent people. >> stephanie: right. >> why we're worried about that word, i have no idea. >> stephanie: but the white house said it the same day they said clearly this is an act of terror -- >> right. and clearly the political right jumps to i think much too quick on why didn't he use that word is because there is some basis
7:16am
that early on there was a reluctance in the white house to talk about the war on terror. can you explain to me why there was that reluctance somebody said that's what gorge bush said? i have no idea but you are right, let's focus on this horrible murder that has occurred. i define terrorism of mindless murder. >> to the right-wing terrorism is synonymous with islam. >> stephanie: right. >> i think both sides character each other. and i try to avoid characterization. in my crisis management practice, and in the book i speak about the need to get facts out. but i charge $10 for any adjective anyone in my shop uses before any facts. so a lot of our problems in america are people using labels and name calling as a substitute
7:17am
for facts. >> stephanie: yeah well, those people are jerks. [ laughter ] >> name-calling idiots. >> stephanie: "crisis tales: five rules for coping with crisis in business, politics, and life," lanny davis, a me shure sir, nice to have you on. >> thank you stephanie. i am a great fan, and keep at it. >> stephanie: you have ex-question it is taste sir. kids go to my pc remember when there used to be downtime. [ crickets chirping ] >> salon doors just swinging. >> stephanie: exactly. with go to my pc you can access your entire office computer from your mobile device. it turns any android, iphone or
7:18am
tablet in to your office computer. you can use any program even though set up on your mobile device. >> did you just call our computers here fancy? >> stephanie: right. >> maybe 20 years ago. >> stephanie: even if you have a horse-drown computer go to go to my pc, click on the try it free button enter the promo code stephanie. eighteen minutes after the hour we continue on the "stephanie miller show." >> to be honest i have never seen such dysfunction. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:19am
7:20am
7:21am
7:22am
i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us. ♪
7:23am
>> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ makes me that much stronger makes me work a little bit harder ♪ ♪ makes me that much wiser thanks for making me wiser ♪ ♪ maybe get a little bit faster make me get a little bit bigger ♪ makes me a little bit smarter ♪ ♪ thanks for making me wiser. >> stephanie: oh, yeah. abby in san francisco. hi, abby. >> caller: good morning, guys. jim, was hoping maybe you could talk me off the ledge this morning, or maybe -- >> you are depending on jim to do that. he usually talks people on through the ledge. >> go ahead and jump. >> caller: jim why does the media reports a 54-46 vote just
7:24am
votes it as a defeat. this drives me crazy. 54-46 is not defeat. this whole supermajority thing that it's automatic 60 votes for needed for everything. i just think the media needs to report that that this whole thing has been perverted. >> yeah. >> caller: yeah? >> i don't know how this keeps happening. i really don't. >> caller: didn't medicare pass by like 50-something votes? >> stephanie: yeah. yeah. no. i mean, that's how divided we are. but lanny davis is right, abby. the democrats in particular ought to -- and morning joe did it this morning, just put everything's pictures up that voted against us. >> we can't put pictures up because we are radio -- >> stephanie: we are technically radio. >> we could put up imaginary pictures >> stephanie: we don't want to leave out our radio fans.
7:25am
>> my friend bobby would like to remind us that you can't spell senator without nra. >> stephanie: joe manchin. >> i understand the position of our colleagues. i sympathize, i have been there. >> whatever! >> stephanie: senator chuck grassley -- >> and you can spell grassley without ass. >> stephanie: we almost collided going to that award. and because i wanted the lady bing award, i stepped back at the last moment -- >> the what? >> stephanie: it's the hockey award for the nicest player? >> the lady bing award. >> stephanie: some hockey fan call me and tell me i'm right. >> i never new bing crosby had a sex change. >> the lady bing award. >> stephanie: senator grassley. >> this would not have stopped
7:26am
newtown. people who steal guns do not submit to background checks. [ sighs ] >> stephanie: okay. so as jim says often, we can't do anything then? because that wouldn't have stopped that specific tragedy. it would have stopped virginia tech. >> people will drive fast so there's no need for speed limits. >> stephanie: thank you. thank you. well-known southern >> bill: lindsey graham. >> we're trying to take it to the violent criminal rather than the innocent second amendment citizen. >> stephanie: oh, my stars and garters. >> if only our best interest at heart. >> stephanie: yet another thing that gives lindsey graham the vapors. the erosion of our second amendment rights. it's so difficult to get a gun in america. senator richard shelby. >> this is the first step in the erosion of our rights under the second amendment. >> stephanie: right. yes. >> try getting a gun in germany,
7:27am
and see how you do. >> you were one step away from hitler. >> no, i'm talking about now. >> all right. >> stephanie: warren in gary indiana. you are on the "stephanie miller show." or not because -- now you missed your chance. okay. jill in ithaca you are on the "stephanie miller show." good morning, jill. >> caller: good morning steph and handsome friends. >> stephanie: my handsome friends. >> caller: yeah, it's time for us to not take this anymore and go to washington directly during the week, not on the weekend -- >> stephanie: hey, we could change our theme song back to we're not going to take it anymore. >> caller: yes, and the people that can't get to washington can get to their state capitols. in the meantime call, and write.
7:28am
i have a number. it's called the capitol, 202- -- oh i'm sorry, wrong piece of paper. i'll get it to you another time -- >> you can google it. >> caller: yeah, sorry about that. >> stephanie: that's okay. no worries. herb from new york. >> caller: good morning. i'm from your own old neck of the woods. i'm down in the binges lake area. >> stephanie: okay. go ahead. >> caller: i was interested in the texas fertilizer disaster rick perry during his campaign for president strongly urged he get rid of government agencies including the epa and osha. >> stephanie: oh, yeah. this was the mayor yesterday. >> what i do know is at approximately 6:30 there was a
7:29am
fire on jerry marshall drive. north of the city west. approximately 7:00, that plant exploded. the explosion propelled in a northwest direction. it damaged approximately five-block area around that fertilizer plant. the fertilizer plant was fully engulfed, and that in turn caught the intermediate school on fire a number of houses -- number of houses in that area are completely destroyed or damaged. >> stephanie: the caller made a good point that it was -- as rick perry would say, oops that was one of the agencies that would have -- >> exactly. and the mayor is also a volunteer firefighter and he was there fighting the fire and caught in the middle of it. >> stephanie: yes. much more on that as we continue
7:30am
on the "stephanie miller show." ♪ to me now? you know the kind of guys that do reverse mortgage commercials? those types are coming on to me all the time now. (vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. you would rather deal with ahmadinejad than me. >>absolutely. >> and so would mitt romney. (vo) she's joy behar. >>and the best part is that current will let me say anything. what the hell were they thinking?
7:31am
7:32am
7:33am
7:34am
♪ >> sometimes i think -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> is the one thing that can save the world. >> stephanie: yes. yes. clearly. >> well, you are high then clearly. >> stephanie: what? thirty-four minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. we have been talking about the boston bombing suspect. i'm not sure where we're at with that. they have footage from lord & taylor, surveillance footage, it has not been made public. the president is going to be going there today for a memorial
7:35am
service in boston. law enforcement official -- that investigators only had an image of a potential suspect who's name was not know to them and had not been questioned. obviously a lot of incorrect reports yesterday. >> yeah, there were. >> stephanie: talking to you wolf. wolf blitzer asked john king where the surveillance camera footage reveals anything about the man's accent. [ scooby-doo's "huh?" ] >> stephanie: so hungry so black. >> so foreign. [ sighs ] >> stephanie: that was a hurricane katrina one. he actually said that while filling time -- look at these people. oh. >> weren't we talking with jacki schechner earlier this week about the crap that can come out of your mouth when you are
7:36am
stretching. >> stephanie: yes, the most dangerous thing in the world the producer doing the stretch sign. i think i had one of those moments i won't reveal it. >> no you cannot drop that and run. >> stephanie: i was live on the big station over there where i used to -- you know before progressive radio, it was during the oj thing. and it was during the slow-speed chase in the bronco. and there was a lot of time to kill. >> and that is very visual and when you are on radio, you have a lot of crap to fill. >> let me give you the history of the bronco. >> manufactured by ford motor company. okay. what did you say? >> stephanie: all i remember i just kept saying blanco bronco. >> it's a blanco bronco. >> stephanie: it was a white bronco. i said do you think you would be able to hear it if he shot
7:37am
himself. [ applause ] >> stephanie: it was something like that. >> steph. >> stephanie: i wasn't sure what to say because he had a gun and they weren't sure what was happening. [ wah wah ] >> stephanie: bless my heart. i feel your pain wolf. >> maybe you could get oj to send you a message in a bottle. >> stephanie: do not what i said to kevin costner on the red carpet. >> kevin costner, will you send me a message in a bottle item [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: shut up. >> the bronco so white, the driver so black. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: so rich. so black. >> so in trouble. >> stephanie: sean in pennsylvania you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, shawn. >> caller: let me get lanny straight here. >> stephanie: lanny davis. >> caller: i have been in pennsylvania 50 careers.
7:38am
hilary and all of you went after president obama for the truth. >> stephanie: wait, what? >> hum? >> caller: yeah, remember cling to guns. hilary and lanny and everybody went after president obama for the truth. >> stephanie: oh, yeah that's true. that's true. >> caller: you know what i mean? lanny can sit there and talk all of the crap he wants, but i'm not one to take his stuff. >> stephanie: i just as soon forget that primary, that was very traumatic for all of us. let's move on hilary 2016. but yeah it's true. chris in illinois. hello, chris. >> caller: hi, how are you doing? >> stephanie: good, sir. go ahead. >> caller: well, i have been leaning left since i got my satellite left. and the problem with background checks like you promote the guy before you just said the real goal is to do away with the
7:39am
second amendment. so it seems a little disingenuous when people say all we want is background checks and then when somebody else says we want this. >> we have nothing to do with alex bennett. >> caller: i understand but you are on the perceived left. >> stephanie: but are 92% of the american people on the perceived left that agree with me on background checks. >> caller: no, and i'm also forbackground checks be it makes me leery of what it may lend to -- >> stephanie: but there is an maybedment in there that specifically addresses that. >> getting back to germany. there are a lot of guns in germany. it is a surprisingly well-warmed society, but the rate of fire arm homicide is 17 times lower
7:40am
than the us. >> stephanie: oh, jim, there is no connection. >> there is the fantasy of helicopters coming to get your guns because you have them. you have to stop watching "red dawn," and wearing out your vcr. >> stephanie: yeah. the gun deaths in japan is like 17% of something? and we don't want that because -- really we're willing to have 10,000 of us guy every year. newtown was a massacre, we have ceased having shootings. we're having massacres. jon mccain yesterday on the boston bombing. >> it certainly is a wake-up call. every time that there is an act like this, americans obviously lean towards more security to prevent another catastrophic event, and then we have a
7:41am
tendency and it's understandable to become a little complaisant. >> stephanie: john kerry yesterday. >> boston is not going to be intimidated by this, but we're going to find out who did this. >> and of course he served as senator of massachusetts and is from boston? >> stephanie: yes. the fbi canceled the news conference after delaying it several times. there is obviously a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. as you were saying it sounds like they have given the surveillance video to law enforcement -- >> i have seen the video of that guy running away and it's not clear if he was running away from something he set or just trying to get away from the bomb. >> there are experts at the fbi who are experts in looking at this kind of thing, and i trust them to make a determination.
7:42am
>> stephanie: yeah obviously cnn was first in reporting incorrectly -- >> so black. >> stephanie: oh, so wrong. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: security official at boston federal courthouse ordered evacuated. there was a bomb scare there. in washington authorities addressing a letter sent to the president containing ricin. the fbi said late wednesday they arrested paul kevin of mississippi -- paul kevin curtis, because he signed his letters -- whatever. earlier in the day they said there is no indication of a connection between the bombing and the ricin letters -- >> yeah. it's all like all these word things -- >> stephanie: what the -- is going on. >> yeah, it can't all be
7:43am
coincidental. >> stephanie: yep. mike in chicago on the >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." hi, mike. >> caller: hey, steph. hey, gang. before i get to my point of your last caller why do all republicans freak out over the infringement over the second amendment, but yet they were as quiet as a popcorn fart when the bush administration came out with the search and seizure. but anyway max baucus said, quote unquote, obamacare is headed for a train wreck. >> stephanie: yes. he wrote part of the aboardable care act, right? >> caller: yeah, exactly. and now it's bad enough you voted against obamacare, but then to add insult to injury he had to add that audio tidbit. >> stephanie: yeah. >> caller: go ahead. >> stephanie: no, go ahead.
7:44am
>> caller: so i was wondering if you could post on your website or if chris could how everyone voted in congress. because the mantra out there is to call your congressman, but people don't know how their congressman voted. if they know how their congressman voted. they know whether to call or not. >> stephanie: good point, honey. >> i guess we just need single payer then. >> stephanie: yeah what the fox -- it will be all over fox tonight max baucus saying he thinks obamacare is headed for a train wreck. he expects [ inaudible ] trying to recover from approval ratings that have nose dived amid displeasure with the health care law in his state. that's not just too nakedly cynically awful. he said he is very concerned. you know how senators were when they are very concerned.
7:45am
>> very troubling. troublesome trouble. we're concerned about any trouble. >> stephanie: not quite as troublesome as benghazi but were, very troubling nonetheless. [♪ mysterious music ♪] >> stephanie: to whom it may concern, here is what is concerning. do not write those letters to us, because none of us here are concerned. if you say to whom it may concern -- >> it goes right into the trash can -- >> dear trash can. >> you might as well address it as that. >> stephanie: dear trash can i'm very concerned about what i heard on the "stephanie miller show." [ laughter ] >> stephanie: okay. he said very concerned the new health insurance marketplace -- really? i wonder who could be gumming up the works on that? oh. and if they do they might just flop, because [ inaudible ] the information they need to make
7:46am
choices, because i wonder who might have been putting out information that might have contributed to that! this administration's public information campaign on the benefits deserves a failing grade. you need to fix this he said. wow! responding it was noted that republicans in congress blocked funding for care rig out the health care act. the administration asking for $1.5 billion in next year's budget, republicans don't seem willing to grant that either. so incredibly helpful. i don't know what he is looking at, but we are on tract to implement in marketplaces in 2014 and be open for open enrollment. half of them have refused to cooperate. so that might be something that might be -- others like montana, politically divided the overall law provided that the federal
7:47am
government would step in and run the markets if the state failed to do so. it lookslike that may be the norm in much of the country. the campaign will begin in earnest over the summer. they question bombarding the public now with details, when there is nothing to sign up for. >> yeah. >> stephanie: blue states have nothing to worry about since they are working to make it succeed. we have a -- >> some wants want to make it succeed. other states want to suseed. >> stephanie: very good, jim.
7:48am
okay. okay. forty-seven minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> to be honest i have never seen such dysfunction. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪ (vo) next, current tv is the place for compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
7:49am
7:50am
7:51am
7:52am
the issues of the day. >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> with a distinctly satirical point of view. if you believe in state's rights but still believe in the drug war you must be high. >> only on current tv. ♪ ♪ ever since i was a young boy, i played the silver ball from show ho down to brighton i must have played them all, but i ain't seen nothing like -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ in any amusement hall that deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball.
7:53am
>> stephanie: yeah, it is the "stephanie miller show." fifty-two minutes after the hour. mark follman from "mother jones" next hour. they did studies and got numbers and stuff, jim. >> hum. >> stephanie: yeah. corky in rochester. hi, corky. >> caller: hello testifystephanie. yeah, i can't blame the republicans for this one. there were four democrats who voted against it. that would have given us the 60 votes we needed. >> stephanie: yeah. >> caller: on the gun debate if i get hurt by somebody's gun and i don't have health insurance who pays the bill? yeah. that's how you come out this argument, with money. >> yeah, you should make the nra responsible -- >> caller: every gun has to have a liability policy, period. funeral costs. you know what funeral costs are?
7:54am
5 to $8,000. >> stephanie: yep. chris you were saying somebody made a good point about guns as well. you also have something on your lip. >> oh, god. >> stephanie: i'm guessing it is cottage cheese one would hope. >> buying a gun today is easier than canceling your gym membership. >> stephanie: i couldn't know because i belong to like eight gyms. >> ahhhhh! >> stephanie: i'm spinning in my mind, though. rick in washington you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, rick. >> caller: hey stephanie. i just want to say this is the voice of reasoning calling in to let you know -- [ bell chimes ] >> stephanie: hello voice of reason. >> caller: no, i am. >> stephanie: yes. >> caller: hold on there, daddy.
7:55am
>> stephanie: hold on who? >> fatty? >> stephanie: did you call him fatty? [ laughter ] [ buzzer ] >> i have been called many things -- >> stephanie: you are not going to poke him with the husky boy stick because that will be a whole morning of issues -- [ explosion ] >> stephanie: back to roman gomez calling you fat? >> during silent reading class in fifth grade, uh-huh. >> stephanie: can we spend any more time in the gym? >> i am many things. fatty, i am not. >> stephanie: that's where we draw the line. >> stephanie: we're a whole host of issues up in here. >> yeah. >> stephanie: i can call you guys anything other people can't -- >> i can't call you fatty. >> stephanie: well, you have called me worse. >> oh, that was icy in here.
7:56am
>> it was a mono-sylabaic insult, as i recall. >> stephanie: yeah. normally foreign groups will claim credit. the teleban said we did not do it. senior taliban officials fear that only such actions can only hurt the taliban in the west. you won't find any link in afghanistan to the boston attacks said a former senior cabinet minister. he said we lost afghanistan in 2001 because of 9/11 at a time when we almost controlled 100%
7:57am
of afghanistan. we don't need these incidents to upset our plans again. isn't that nice, they are like we're busy throwing acid on girls, and stuff, not that we wouldn't have liked to have done that, but we didn't. so we are monitoring what the fbi is going to do with this surveillance or not. let's go to ken in philadelphia. >> caller: hey, ken, hi crew. >> stephanie: no, you are ken. go ahead. >> caller: yeah. i could see it in the president's eyes yesterday. i felt the pain myself. i have pintoint of view. what do you think about term limits now for congressional members. >> stephanie: yes, i'm ready to get rid of all of them now, yeah. >> caller: get corporate america out of the pockets. and you have more of a representation of the united states. >> stephanie: yeah i agree. >> that means even if you -- say
7:58am
ted kennedy for example who was very popular and effective, and if he would have been term limited -- >> we probably would have gotten a corporate shell in there. >> stephanie: but for every kennedy you get a gohmert. >> but you can't throw out the baby with the bath water. >> yes and that's too draconian if you are going to limit good senator. >> stephanie: yeah gohmert sounds like something you got stuck on your shoe. >> ore on my lip. >> surprise surprise, surprise. >> stephanie: all right. fifty-eight minutes after the hour. much more as we continue on the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:59am
8:00am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: hello current tv land, why looky what we got. it's a david shuster in for jacki schechner today. david, i have never heard people as mad as i have in all of my years covering politics as on this gun vote. >> progressives have every right to be infuriated five democratic senators joined the republicans to essentially sustain a republican filibuster. and harry reid joined them for
8:01am
procedural reasons. and stephanie progressives are already declaring that they will fund primary challengers against at least two of the democratic senators who made those votes yesterday. >> stephanie: good. we'll cover what is going on in texas and the ricin stuff. a lot of news, and who better than news man extrordanaire than david shuster to tell us about it. >> thank you, stephanie. here is what is going on in boston. investigators have circulated at least internally among police a photograph of two men captured on a lord & taylor surveillance camera, shortly before monday's deadly blast. officials believe the men left a black bag pack or duffel bag. authorities are considering releasing the surveillance photos to the public meanwhile at this very hour, president obama and mitt romney are attending an interfaith service
8:02am
in boston to honor the victims of month's attack. let's listen. >> this is what i know. god is here. in the midst of this gathering, in this sanctuary and beyond different faiths different races, strangers bounded by loss -- >> and this is being described as a day of healing, an inner faith day of healing for everybody in boston. in central texas authorities say that explosion last night at a fertilizer plant started as an accidental fire. the flames attracted perhaps as many as a dozen volunteer firefighters, and half of them were killed when a fertilizer tank exploded. the massive blast leveled nearly 50 homes and caused the roofs to collapse on a nursing home that housed 130 people. officials expect the death count
8:03am
will rise above 15 although they are sifting through the wreckage as we speak. the >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show" continues on the other side of this break. ♪ alright, in 15 minutes we're going to do the young turks. i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they know that i'm not bs'ing them with some hidden agenda, actually supporting one party or the other. when the democrats are wrong, they know that i'm going to be the first one to call them out. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
8:04am
8:05am
8:06am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome it to. six minutes after the hour. mark follman from mother jones calls in about the great new study everybody is talking about debunking nra myths that more guns mean safer schools, so there's that. stephaniemiller.com, you can email us all there, executive
8:07am
producer chris lavoie, voice deity jim ward, and me steph -- or you can call him fatty. >> i think he thought i was talking. >> stephanie: stop it. how many more therapy sessions have you booked in that commercial break. >> stephanie: i booked four of them. [♪ romantic music ♪] >> stephanie: wally at the sexy liberal in chicago. my nephew and i thrilled to have vip seats. unbeknownst to us they turned out to be the most precious seat any steph could hope for. when you leaned forward to great more fans we were your support. i wrote a song called "we felt your boobs" in support. >> stephanie: thank you, wally. like you were the only one. [ applause ] >> stephanie: of course you were.
8:08am
so special to me. [♪ magic wand ♪] >> stephanie: wait. and redmond in washington, dear steph this is my dog he curls up in his chair to watch you every day. whenever you say anything particularly insightful he gives a long sigh i can only assume he is pleased that somebody is agreeing with him politically. [ applause ] >> stephanie: that's what you guys do. you sigh. and i'm just going to guess in agreement, in adoration. >> yes miss miller that's what we do is always agree with you. >> yes, you are always right. >> otherwise we get a stapler upside the head. >> two plus two equals seven. here i will throw a stapler at myself. >> stephanie: oh, thank you. a lot of news breaking left and
8:09am
right. >> right. >> stephanie: we were saying when all of this stuff happens at once, the boston bombing and the ricin letters, and they are saying the texas explosion is nothing other than an industrial accident, but it's 20 miles north of waco. >> yeah, and the same kind of fertilizer that is used in oklahoma city, and right around the waco anniversary. >> stephanie: here is the mayor. >> we are evacuating now. we are doing a search and rescue. the nursing home patients have been accounted for and are moved to a safe location. we are now going door to door in evacuating that area and searching for -- for survivors as well as for deceased. >> stephanie: yeah, people still trapped. 15 dead. as you said it leveled homes and businesses for blocks in every direction. >> yeah, and it registered 2.1
8:10am
on the rickter scale and was felt as far away as dallas. >> stephanie: i don't know how many thoughts and prayers you have, but send them to boston, and texas. and meanwhile a mississippi man was arrested wednesday accused of sending letters to president obama and senators that tested positive for poisonous ricin. paul kevin curtis arrested near the tennessee state long. both letters were signed i am kc and i approve this message. who knows what that is about. carl levin said a staff member would spend the night in the hospital for caution after opening a suspicious letter. you don't know what is happening, whether they are connected, copycat stuff, whether the world has gone insane, and dogs and cats are in
8:11am
fact living together. has anyone spotted the stay puffed marshmallow man. the senator yesterday. >> i would like to commend the officials for detecting this threat before they even reached the capitol. >> and yet they would want to get rid of the post office. >> stephanie: and what dummy thinks the president opens his own mail. really? sorry, i can't make the summit, i have a bunch of mail. >> apparently kc thinks he does. >> i'm going get to him. >> stephanie: wiley coyote of tennessee. >> oh, got. >> stephanie: i'm going to try to move a mountain next. >> i'm going to run off of the edge of a mountain and hope i don't fall. >> stephanie: i got rocket sticks coming to you potus.
8:12am
[ laughter ] >> stephanie: jay carney. >> the president has been briefed on these letters. he was briefed last night and again this morning. >> stephanie: and the president's carney one more time. >> there was a letter sent to -- addressed to the president that -- at an off site mail facility was noticed to have contained a suspicious substance and tests were undertaken. >> stephanie: who would like some poison fun facts? five things to know about ricin? remember after 9/11 the anthrax stuff and everybody was like i need siprowe. >> oh my god. >> stephanie: everyone was getting siproe like it was skittles. i have an tleks. >> ricin comes from caster
8:13am
beans. jim. [ farting sounds ] >> stephanie: it can be quite deadly. ricin is 6,000 more poisonous than cyanide. >> so this is not uncle ben east cyanide. >> but that is if you ingress it. >> stephanie: it's like that low t stuff. don't get any on anybody! [ screaming ] >> they will grow hair where they don't want it? >> what the heck? my wife's bleep is bigger than mine. >> stephanie: my wife didn't used to have a penis. what could it be? gentle down. exposure is achieved by swallowing, injecting, or inhaling ricin that has been sprayed in the air. so -- the symptom which i just
8:14am
read -- dummy. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: let me turn this on myself. ♪ you are an idiot ♪ >> stephanie: a lethal dose can up to 72 hours to kill its victims. jim is going to start getting symptoms any moment now. do you want me to read the symptoms -- >> i normally only eat brown rice -- >> yeah. >> stephanie: number four this is no antidote. so they would never make a movie of. tom cruise can't bring it to you in time. [♪ fun-facts music ♪] >> stephanie: i don't know what movie i'm thinking of buttephanie: i don't know what movie i'm thinking of but someone will tell me. >> every movie -- >> stephanie: there's a specific
8:15am
tom cruise one. >> really? >> stephanie: uh-huh. the person becomes aware they have ingested ricin quickly enough they can try to flush their stomachs with activated charcoal. there is only one known ricin death in 2010. how about this one [ inaudible ] was killed with a ricin pellet that was injected into his skin with a james bond-style umbrella. >> that's when they were doing really cool spy stuff. >> stephanie: what? is mosquito. wow, with an umbrella? wow. was rihanna involved? that is terrifying. >> ella ella ella -- >> stephanie: all right. settle down. debra in chattanooga.
8:16am
hello, debra. >> caller: hi how are you? >> stephanie: good go ahead. >> caller: first of all i would like to tell that caller who was name calling -- >> stephanie: oh, when he was talking to fatty. >> fatty over here? >> caller: yeah, that guy. shame on him. because all of you are beautiful. >> ah, you are the best caller of the day. >> caller: thank you. i just have a question. i would like to know how a background check or even a national registry would infringe on the rights of any law-abiding citizen. >> stephanie: yeah. >> caller: only criminals. >> exactly. >> stephanie: i don't get it. why do our cars have to be registered and people freak out about that? >> caller: i don't know. even criminals -- i mean fallens don't have any rights as far as guns are concerned. so they have got to be the only ones afraid of this. i don't understand it.
8:17am
i don't understand how anybody -- >> it's just a paranoid macho fantasy. >> caller: oh, yeah, i see a lot of that on facebook. >> and the fact that we haven't done that is proof that it is about to happen. >> if i could play devil's advocate here -- >> stephanie: whatever fatty. >> the difference between registering guns and cars is guns are specifically mentioned in the constitution. cars or horses and buggies are not mentioned in the constitution. that's the difference. >> caller: yeah, but they didn't have those kind of guns back then -- >> i -- it's not that i'm advocating it -- but >> stephanie: it's rare that he
8:18am
takes a meal break so say anything. >> because i'm so fat. >> stephanie: starting an online store seems overwhelming. that's why you need big commerce. it makes building your online store fast and easy. website design shopping features, marketing tools to drive sales, plus their award-winning customer support reps will walk you through setting up your store. it's the all in one solution to build, manage or grow your business online. even if you have brick and mortar, most people will sell online as well. a 30-day free trial, check it out. >> woe. >> stephanie: go to big commerce.com, click on the blue head phones then select my name stephanie from the dropdown menu. please pick me. let it be me. eighteen minutes after the hour.
8:19am
right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> oh, my god this is so amazing. it's all anybody in my class is talking about. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
8:20am
8:21am
8:22am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in
8:23am
the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar. >>current will let me say anything. ♪ ♪ mr. d.j. won't you -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ -- oh, mr. d.j. won't you tell -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> stephanie: twenty-three minutes after the hour. steven in south carolina hi, steven. >> caller: yeah, i want to know why you guys on the left are picking and choosing. there's more people, far more people that die on the high waist in road accidents, cars
8:24am
than guns. >> stephanie: right. and they are regulated and you have to register them. >> yes. >> caller: so why are we concerned about guns and we're not concerned about cars -- >> because cars have a purpose other than shooting people. >> caller: okay. well, how about people -- >> stephanie: and we have cut way, way back on car deaths. we have cut way back on automobile deaths -- >> because of regulations. because of better safety features on cars. >> stephanie: and speed limits and seat belts and cell phone and texting laws. >> lots of regulations. >> caller: irregardless -- [♪ mysterious music ♪] >> stephanie: government intervention! >> the black helicopters are coming for our cars! >> we really live in a nation of paranoid crazies like that? >> what do you mean! what are you talking about! >> stephanie: i was just not in the mood to entertain him this
8:25am
morning. we're here to entertain ours. >> communist naughty kenyonism. >> that is kenyonism. >> stephanie: it is kenyonism. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: all right. i'm getting loopy with everything that is going on. speaking of loopy. >> was that low-hanging fruit. >> stephanie: sorry, you were fodder, sir. ♪ it's the right-wing world baby it's right-wing world ♪ >> stephanie: tea party official blames obama for boston marathon bombing. >> of course. >> stephanie: tea party nation founder justin phillips please and thank you, decided president obama clearly to blame. there are two reasons why we will be hit again. first we have been determined an emmy who hates us second a government who is not committed
8:26am
to protect america. radical islam. this just in he has just been hired by cnn. just kidding. >> they have been complaining bitterly about obama's drone program. so what else do you want him to do? start nuking cities? >> stephanie: the ricin guy from mississippi, guess who else is from the president of the central mississippi tea party janice lang. please and thank you. she looks looks exactly how you think she would look. >> yeah. >> she's a noodleback. >> i say to the republican leadership, take off your lace panties, stop being noodlebacks --
8:27am
>> stephanie: she said probably the biggest turn we ever made was when women got the right to vote. our country would be better awful if just men were voting. there is nothing worse than a bunch of mean hateful women. >> well, she has pint there. >> stephanie: really? janice. really? >> that's true. >> stephanie: i would much rather have a male boss than a female boss. don't say anything. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: not you two, right? >> right. >> oh, sure. >> stephanie: double minded. you can never trust them. wow. loui gohmert who is a . . . >> a gohmert. >> stephanie: right. he joined steve king saying he is worried that radical islamist
8:28am
could pose as hispanic and do copycat things. >> are you serious? ♪ you are an idiot ♪ >> stephanie: herp derp. >> we have no idea who did it yet and he's already -- >> stephanie: right. right. >> i don't like people. >> stephanie: gohmert previously seen arguing against gun control because gay marriage leads to beastiality. [ scooby-doo's "huh?" ] >> stephanie: what? he is not the first to float the theory, representative sue mirik said hezbollah is trying to infiltrate the united states by going through mexico with fake documents. the stunning steve king and others have touted this theory. [ applause ] >> sure. [ sighs ] >> huh? >> stephanie: and then there is this guy. >> oh? >> stephanie: texas attorney
8:29am
general, gregg abbott, warned republicans this week that some were far more dangerous than north korean leader kim jung un who has reportedly threatened to blow up austin with nuclear weapons. he said the president will be more dangerous if he signs the -- like tanks, aircrafts, missiles, and small arms. >> [ wah wah ] . >> stephanie: and i don't have time to talk about the republican lawmaker who referred to women as vaginas. >> in the state of vagina. >> stephanie: that's right. vie ghana -- vaginas are for lovers -- virginia. we'll be back on this one's show next. ♪
8:30am
going to do the young turks. i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they know that i'm not bs'ing them with some hidden agenda, actually supporting one party or the other. when the democrats are wrong, they know that i'm going to be the first one to call them out. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
8:31am
8:32am
8:33am
8:34am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> they can't function without me. i'm the social glue that holds this little group together. >> stephanie: damn straight. thirty-four mrt minutes after the hour. this hour brought to you bier that -- therabreath. i made my mouth dry -- >> so illustrate what it is like
8:35am
if you don't have one. >> stephanie: uh-huh. we have been talking about the new research in "mother jones" magazine, because when the gun nuts call and try to say, oh you know, there's no connection between -- more guns -- the only thing that will make schools safer. new research shows gun rampages arising. and more guns will not stop them. good morning, mark follman. >> good morning, stephanie. >> stephanie: this is the kind of thing you think we don't need a study for, but i guess because of the nra and others i guess we do. >> yes you see that in what happened yesterday in the senate, the disconnection between the reality is huge. >> stephanie: we always get these armchair heros, mark in the middle of these tragedies -- i would have done
8:36am
this, and the reality is it doesn't happen. i believe in your study only three attacks were stopped and two were off-duty cops and one was a u.s. marine. >> that's correct. our study we launched last july after the movie theater massacre in colorado, we studied mass shootings, and in those 62 cases, there wasn't a single case in which an armed civilian intervened and stopped the shooter. has now beened adydy shunnal research put out from an academic at texas state university hardly a bahsian of none control i would note. looked at 84 cases and found just three in which an armed civilian intervened and none were ordinary citizens as you mentioned. >> stephanie: yeah, i mean it really is incredible that
8:37am
they -- it is -- it seems to be these entirely anecdoteal stories about how much violence is stopped by more guns. >> right. there is no evidence to support that. the pro gun ranters say joh, yeah, but there's no evidence to support that. >> stephanie: yeah as we said you wouldn't have done x, y, and z beaufort you would have pooped your pants. like in the movie theater massacre, it is dark, there is chaos, what would have happened other than more innocent people would have gotten shot. >> right, you hear a lot of bravado along those lines. i have talked to numerous law enforcement officials about this, and not single one of them supports this idea for obvious
8:38am
reasons. the danger is self-evident in a situation like this. officials i have spoken with they all train rigorously to deal with active shooter situations. it takes many many hours of training, and really an extraordinary set of skills to do that without harming innocent people. >> and also if everyone is armed who do you know who the bad guy is? >> exactly. when they come up on a scene with an active shooter, if you have multiple people shooting how will they know who the bad guy is? >> stephanie: yeah, as we have said -- first of all are you surprised by what happened in the senate yesterday? >> not terribly. it was known i think for a while that it would be a tough fight and a close vote but on the other hand it is surprising when you think about the fact that the data is so clear on the gun
8:39am
violence problem in our country. we have more than 30,000 gun deaths a year. mass shootings are on the rise and you have almost 90% of the population supporting broader background checks instead of having roughly half of gun buyers get background checks let's have all of them get background checks and get congress votes against it. >> stephanie: and mark studies like yours i guess to me just reinforced what most common sense people already know. when the assault weapons ban expired deaths from assault weapons tripled. you can look at study after study, the states with the loosest gun laws and most guns, they have the most gun deaths, right? >> with the assault weapons ban it is interesting, the data on that is i think guess clear at least by our study, there's no discernible trend with mass shootings during the assault
8:40am
weapon ban era. but that said, yes, we have seen an escalation of public shooting rampages in the last decade and a half since, and we have certainly seen a proliferation of firearms in the country and laws making it easier to get them and carry them in public. >> stephanie: yeah, that's what is stunning. most common sense people the thanks would help would be background check assaults weapon ban and clip limit. you say what would keep more keep alive is the fact that you have to stop and reload. >> gun restrictions by law are not the only thing that needs to be done to solve this problem. it's a complicated problem, but access to weapons and very powerful weapons is clearly at the center of it. and right now it's a free for all in terms of who can get these guns.
8:41am
>> stephanie: yeah, you are saying republicans are the ones who have voted to cut funding for mental health services and then they complain we're trying to take away second amendment rights. i really thought after newtown things would be different. and i have never seen such anger. i hope this isn't over mark. i don't know what you think. >> certainly there has been a shift in sentiment in the american public, but what is happening politically -- yes, i think after newtown there was a sense that maybe things would change this time but you have to give credit to the gun lobby, the nra, and the gun owners of america, they have been remarkably effective at turning this into a debate over demagoguery, actually. it is amazing they were able to tun the gun legislation into the discussions of the dangers of
8:42am
creating a federal gun registry. >> stephanie: yeah, wayne lapierre crazy like a fox -- he moved the debate so far to the right it's the strong and wrong argument. >> yeah, it's a flat out lie as the president said yesterday. that's a pretty extrordanaire thing for a president to say that, and i think it's a measure of the extremity. >> stephanie: yeah, and as he said it was a shameful day for washington. there he is with grieving parents of newtown and gabby giffords, and we couldn't get the most watered downgun measure. >> yes, to your question whether or not this is the end of it. i don't think it is. i think we have seen quite a bit of political mobilization on the other side of this issue now, and i think we'll continue to see a fight. obviously it is an uphill
8:43am
battle. >> stephanie: yeah absolutely. mark great stuff as always from "mother jones," and thanks for take time with us this morning. >> thank you. >> stephanie: oh, there is a straggler in the right-wing world. republican lawmaker refers to women as vaginas, he used the word vagina in substitution for the word women you know how that happens? right, penises? >> sure. >> could have been a bit more offensive. >> stephanie: state representative peter hanson was debating recently passed bill repealing parts of the stand your ground law with another republican who had argued in favor of retreating from a confrontation, he wrote what could possibly be missing from those successful retreats why
8:44am
children and vagines that of course. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: he sort of wrote a not apology, really -- but he said if you fine the noun vagina offensive, you might need to reexamine your psyche. it wasn't until he was called out by a state republican chair who is a woman that he finally backed down some. he claimed he was attempting to get into the mind of the perpetrator, and he apologized to those who took offense -- >> to the vaginas out there. >> stephanie: to all of the oversensitive vaginas out there. because they are hysterical. >> all of those weepy vaginas. [ buzzer ] >> what? >> stephanie: mark sanford has been accused by his ex of
8:45am
trespassing. >> poor guy can't get a break. >> stephanie: mark sanford's ex-wife has -- [overlapping speakers] >> stephanie: he is due in court in two days after the election. she filed documents after an alleged altercation -- no word on whether he brought the argentinian girlfriend. [♪ dramatic music ♪] >> stephanie: but the terms of their divorce state neither of them is allowed to enter the other's home without permission. >> he is ten times a cray-cray. >> stephanie: he asked her to run his campaign. >> yeah, how is he in the running for anything? >> stephanie: i'm going to take a pasadena on that passage. forty-five minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> oh, i like her. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
8:46am
this show is about analyzing criticizing, and holding policy to the fire. are you encouraged by what you heard the president say the other night? is this personal or is it political? a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i am given to doing anyway. staying in tough with everything that is going on politically and putting my own nuance on it. not only does senator rubio just care about rich people but somehow he thinks raising the minimum wage is a bad idea for the middle class. but we do care about them, right? vo: the war room tonight at 6 eastern
8:47am
8:48am
8:49am
current tv is the place for true stories. with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines. real, gripping, current. documentaries... on current tv.
8:50am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ the girls in the corner you don't ignore because she thinks she's the passionate one ♪ ♪ oh, yeah it was like lightning, everybody was frightening, and the music was smoothing, and we all started grooving ♪ >> stephanie: ah, yeah. >> yeah. yeah. yeah. yeah. >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." fifty minutes after the hour. oh, boy. oh, texas. oh, boy. the headline is texas teacher denies fondling first grader says she is too racist to bless
8:51am
the black student. a texas prep school teacher stands accused of molesting a black student. she says she is innocent her reason? she is a racist. she said she couldn't have fondled the student because she is a racist and doesn't like touching black students. she also told the police she does not like the complainant. >> i don't like her. [ ban go music ] >> stephanie: so that happened. anita in alabama. you are on the "stephanie miller show." >> caller: hello, how are you doing this morning? >> stephanie: go ahead. >> caller: the democrats who sided with the republicans in
8:52am
the senate they should be voted out. i think they are going to have to show the pictures of what these guns do to people. >> stephanie: we had this discussion this weekend, and certainly not without obviously permission of loved ones, but if you look at how aggrieved a lot of these loved ones are, and how disgusted they are, because you literally think what do we have to do next? to get a government to do what 90% of the american people want. there's only one thing to do jim, and that is to do this story -- [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> stephanie: about amanda sifries. >> that's my next job. i want to be her vocal coach. >> stephanie: she played in lay
8:53am
lemes. she said deep throating and singing in le mes are similar. >> excuse me! >> stephanie: right. she said damage deep throating, get that feeling in the back of your throat, and then sing -- >> that's what her vocal coach told her. >> stephanie: she oddly stars as the famed porn starlin da lovelace. >> have either of you ever had vocal lessons? >> i have. >> me too. and i had a gay vocal coach. >> stephanie: yes, and that's why i'm gay. >> he never suggested to me -- she was also on conan o'brien talking about how you make a movie about x-rated -- a movie that is not x-rated about x-rated people. she recreated the sound by sucking on a pop sickle.
8:54am
which left her lips -- excuse me i have to leave because i have an erection now, the writer said. >> stephanie: thank you, jim. anne frank's stepsister said yes, she probably would have been a believer. >> anne frank said she probably would have been a belieber. >> yes she probably would. but he is still incredibly insensitive. >> stephanie: hey, i'm just like beyonce, everybody. >> really? >> stephanie: she is a klutz. she is constantly covered in
8:55am
bruises and cuts, because with every routine, she inevitably takes a tumble. she said i -- it's very rare that i'm not bruised in my life. i am always bruised somewhere. me too. >> it's hard to put a ring on it when you keep falling down. >> stephanie: right. bruce willis likes to punch his costars to see how macho they are. i just really like getting punched, every guy does. we spent decades on set seeing who could take the hardest punches. it's a game. the first one that complains is a [ censor bleep ]. >> or a vagina. >> i don't think he should try that with an mma fighter. >> stephanie: men are dopes. just a lot of men are dopes stories. i'm sorry.
8:56am
i apologize to both of you penises. >> i have never punched anybody. >> stephanie: i don't see why that's fun. >> i don't either. >> stephanie: sharon and ozsy osborne what is going on? it was reported they split up -- >> who can tell. >> stephanie: yeah. [ mumbling ] >> stephanie: okay. i think he actually said a couple of days ago we have not split up, but i am doing a lot of drugs. >> yes, he did. >> a lot of drugs and [ mumbling ] whiskey and [ mumbling ] and [ mumbling ] >> stephanie: uh-huh. okay. dennis rodman is going back to north korea, probably to re-explain something. i'm sorry. i don't know what i said. >> sorry misinterpreted. >> what is kim jung un going to let him fire the missile. >> stephanie: why not refrigerator perry? he could sit on him, something. >> michael jordan for god's sake.
8:57am
sammy sosa. >> stephanie: what? kim kardashian at divorce trial, she may be forced to admit to faking reality scenes! >> no my world has come crumbling down! >> stephanie: i'm all dead inside. >> stephanie: chris humphry's lawyers say that she revealed -- it is revealed that at least two scenes taped after the divorce filing were scripted, and kardashian uses a tear stick to cry on the show and some of the scenes were even created from scratch! [♪ dramatic music ♪] >> stephanie: okay. this has never happened to me at a sexy liberal show. but hugh jackman said a de de -- deranged fan throws pubic
8:58am
hair at him. the woman was thrown out and later arrested. the woman was hysterically crying as she declared her love for jackman and then threw her pubic hair at him. okay. hey, go to [ censor bleep ] is about to come a [ censor bleep ] movie. remember the children's book. it is now going to be a [ censor bleep ] movie. >> how do you flush that out? >> are there any mother [ censor bleep ] snakes it in? >> stephanie: i don't know. that's it for us. tomorrow fridays with fugelsang. we'll see you then on the "stephanie miller show." ♪
8:59am

Terms of Use (10 Mar 2001)